Big thank you again to all involved, with out the support of many individuals and local business these events would not take place.
Just a polite reminder we are are all volunteers who have an interest in Athletics, Running and our Community. Your entry fee is not going to a big national company, in a few weeks we will be presenting Tavistock Lions with a large cheque as we have done for many years and will continue to-do so. The Lions will use these funds to support many local groups, the rest of the fee will pay for many costs involved in running and maintaining Tavistock Athletic Club.
Finally to all the athletes for putting on such a performance, hope you and your team enjoyed it.
See you all next year, T7 in October.
Big thumbs up to Jack Anthony and Daisey Holland 1st Boy and Girl back in the fun run.
Thursday 15th July 2021
The annual Tavistock Town Relays are a fantastic 4 x 1.1-mile event that encourages teams from all over the South West to come together and enjoy some fun racing. We have something for everyone in this fabulous event which takes place in the glorious riverside setting of Tavistock Meadows and forms part of a series of events taking place during Carnival Week organised by the Tavistock Lions.
Teams come from athletic clubs, local businesses, local sports clubs and even just friends who want to get together as a team and race. We also stage a Fun Run over the 1.1 mile course for the younger children or those who prefer this to the main races.
Team categories – CLICK HERE
The relay event is staged by Tavistock Athletic Club and entry proceeds raised go directly to good causes nominated by the Lions.
Event Organiser- Richard Nettleship
COVID officer – Alistair Kinsey
Entry Fee – £20 UKA affiliated teams / £24 others
No on the day entries
Payment to Tavistock athletic club by BACS. Entry deadline 14th July 22:00.
ACCOUNT NUMBER 31262394
SORT CODE 40-27-04
REFERENCE Team name TR – (team name of athletes competing)
Rules for Entry
- EVENT RESTRICTIONS: The organising Committee reserves the right to modify the number and timing of events and the races for track events to take account of the size of entry.
- ENTRIES: The organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry. All information, will be displayed on our website at tavistockathletics.co.uk
- All Teams must scan in using the COVID QR code and provide full contact details. Athletes must respect the extra Covid guidelines otherwise they will be asked to leave.
- SPECTATORS: General spectators will not be allowed into the designated areas. Once signed onto site the attendee must remain within the permitted areas only and maintain at least 2m distance from others.
- RESULTS: Will be available following the event.
- LATE ENTRIES: There will be NO entries on the day under any circumstances.
- In the event of a cancellation due to Government restrictions the entry fees will be refunded less a deduction to cover any unavoidable meeting expenses.
Sponsored by James Armstrong Physio visit website for great running resources to help you stay injury free and running at your best.